02 Jun 2017
Reactive programming enables the consumer reacts to the data as it comes in. This is why the asynchronous programming is also called reactive programming. Reactive programming allows to propagates event changes to registered observers.
RxJava is a Java VM implementation of ReactiveX (Reactive Extensions): a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs by using observable sequences.
RxJava is a library that helps programmers to write asynchronous, concurrent, and resilient applications. Using RxJava you write programs in reactive programming paradigm.
RxJava describes itself as an API for asynchronous programming with observable streams.
The build blocks for RxJava code are the following:
- observables representing sources of data
- subscribers (or observers) listening to the observables
- a set of methods for modifying and composing the data
It is a style of programming where you define a source of data and a consumer of that data. Once you connect the consumer to the source, the library (which in this blog is RxJava) takes care of pushing the data, generated by the source, to the consumer.
components of RxJava are :
- RxJava - a core ReactiveX library for Java.
- RxAndroid - RxJava extensions for Android that will help you with Android threading and Loopers.
- RxBinding - this will provide bindings between RxJava and Android UI elements likes Buttons and TextViews
- RxJavaAsyncUtil - helps you to glue code between Callables and Futures.
Please contact us if you want to create reactive real time applications for your business.
Please call 0471-2722111 / (+91) 813-888-4152 or just fill in enquiry form in contact us page.